White ceiling and white coving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to paint both my ceiling and coving white with the walls in Natural Calico. Would painting both the ceiling and coving in Dulux Brilliant Matt White be the way to go or would it look better to have some contrast eg paint the coving in soft sheen white for example.

The house is 1920's and I'm painting the hallway and stairwell.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your first option makes more sense. You are getting a texture relief, so there is no need for colour change or type.

What does look nice is to paint the bottom edge of the coving the colour of the wall.

Sponsored Links
Ceiling in emulsion obviously, but coving in satinwood... I've done it (with light coloured walls) and it looks great.

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated.

I think I'll probably end up painting ceiling and coving both in white Matt emulsion first (easy as no cutting it between ceiling/coving) and see how it looks. If I'm not completely happy I can re-paint the coving.

Using Satinwood is an interesting suggestion but wouldn't it give a similar affect to using something like vinyl silk?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back