White Floor grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i've bought some white polished porcelain tiles for my kitchen floor, i was seduced by s shiny white floor and black gloss kitchen cupboards :)

anyway the tiler i've had round for a quote is saying using white grout is a bad idea because it goes orange! hes suggesting using grey grout... Is this correct? using grey grout is really gonna spoil the look i was going for :(

Cheers
Pete

Sponsored Links
Probably all of the guys on here would "not" advise white grout, especially with floor tiles. It wouldn't stay white for long, so your tiler is correct, but the decision in the end is yours, and you are now aware of the downside.

Roughcaster.

Racing - Never use white grout on a floor 'cos it will discolour (and stain) quickly. Grey or black is always the correct choice. Anyway, you've got black units so 'continuing' that colour theme across the floor with grout will indicate good design sense.

Sponsored Links
He’s looking after your interests & just doesn’t want you to be disappointed in 6 months time when it will start to look really grubby. Go with the grey or if you want a real contrast, Charcoal (black), it will certainly match well with the black gloss units. Black wall tiles with a thin joint white grouting looks great but I’ve not seen it the other way around; it may be a bit eye watering especially if it’s wide joint; but it sounds like you’re the sort of person that likes a bit of contrast, go for it!

Grey is the way,white will discolour,we sell Granfix Maxi-grout anti mould white grout,great on walls,not so good for floors. :) Also please check that your polished porcelain is pre-sealed,if not seal it!!! Youll be sorry if you dont.

thanks all, i've decided to play it safe and go with grey. The tiler has been today to seal the tiles so no worries there :)

Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back