Black grout turned white/grey in patches.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently ( 1 week ) grouted my new kitchen tiles but the black grout has turned white/grey in patches and as you can imagine doesn't look too good.
I've used BAL microflex Black grout.
Is there anything I can do do make the grout black and prevent this from happening.

Thanks. John.

Sponsored Links
What color adhesive did you use? If you used white adhesive perhaps you did not clean joints well enough when fixing. Don't use that brand grout but when i use colored grouts i am careful to mix thoroughly. I will then let this sit for 20 mins or so and then whip up again so the grout is well mixed and does not streak. Hope you have not cleaned the floor with bleach have you? This can also make stain the grout. That aside, i think you need to start again if you are not happy. Get yourself a grout rake, some patience, and off you go! Good luck.

Hi, I used BAL Greenstar adhesive which is a kind of greyish adhesive. Its wall tiles but i'm sure that wont make a difference. I'll have another go at it making sure everythings mixed and cleaned correctly, maybe I rushed it the first time. Thanks for your advice, appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back