Wall grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The Bathroom fitter told us to buy the grout ourselves.

Now I know nothing about grout,which ones are best etc

The wall tiles will be Black Porcelain and we wanted White grout,I've seen this one online,is it any good,does anyone have any other recommendations at all please?

Bal Microflex Wall Grout White

Sponsored Links
BAL products are probably the best there is and use them with confidence.....much better when the stuff is mixed from powder (weights and capacities are given for mixing) and applied with the correct grout float.
The excess grout is removed with a sponge and the tiles polished finally with paper.
I tend to shy away from white grout if I can - it tends to become grotty quicker than the coloured stuff.
John :)

Hi John

Thanks for the reply,I did think about Black grout,but the wall tiles are Black and the floor tiles are Black stardust(sparkly ones) so I thought if we had a dark grout it would be too much Black,and it needed the White grout to break it up a bit.

If you seal the White grout doesn't it make it last longer,or would you still advise a coloured grout?

Thanks
:D

I see where you are coming from here, but even an off white or grey could be the way to go. Grout sealants? Well, choose the professional grout from BAL and you don't need anything else!
The choice is yours :p
I don't know if there's a branch of CTD (Ceramic Tile Distributors) near you, but they are great for advice, and have the products and tools over the counter. The displays are good too.
Despite what people say, avoid ready mixed grouts and adhesives - they are inferior in every way.

Sponsored Links
By grout sealer I meant,with the Porcelain tiles, don't you seal them first,then grout then seal them again?

I'm sure on Google that was the general consensus :mrgreen:

The fitter did also say he seals Porcelain tiles so I assumed this sealer whatever it is would keep the grout looking better for longer,or have I got that wrong?

What you need to do, I think, is to follow the instructions given on the packaging of your particular tiles.....travertine tiles for example are a type of natural stone so their open face is absorbent and needs sealing, others need different or no protection.
Perhaps you could have a chat with your tiler and see what he recommends?
Good luck with your project!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back