White top coat for pebbledash repair??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've repaired a couple of 'blown' patches on my wall and have done the base coat with sand/cement mix which is now drying out. How/Where do I get the white cement for the top coat to tie in with existing 'dash? Does it come as a complete mix or do I need to mix with sand and do I add PVA to the top coat mix as well?

This is my first attempt at anything like this so...be gentle with me!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
its called snowcrete and you need to add sand! if its a white background use white sand.
dont use pva either use mortar plasticiser.

you should get it in your local bm.

I used ordinary sand/cement mix not white sand for base, will it be okay with the white on top or will it show through?

Sorry if I appear thick as cement but haven't done this before and don't want to have to redo :confused: :oops:

White cement and yellow sand look very yellow when dry. Your best bet is to get some old discoloured render and mix that with white cement.

Sponsored Links
I used ordinary sand/cement mix not white sand for base, will it be okay with the white on top or will it show through?

Sorry if I appear thick as cement but haven't done this before and don't want to have to redo :confused: :oops:

absolutely fine! thats the way its normally done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back