Who makes Tornado fans?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tornado fans have been recommended to me by my electrician (sometimes called "Silent Tornado"). See https://www.extractorfanworld.co.uk...us-running-extractor-fan-6787-p.asp?_=&page=2 However it concerns me that I cannot find out who makes them. For rival fans like Kair, there's lots of information on the web, you can find their telephone number and call them, and the response is swift and agreeable. Same with Envirovent. But for Tornado there is nothing, and Amazon doesn't stock them, though lots of other suppliers do. Why are they being apparently deliberately mysterious?

Sponsored Links
I am a fan of Tornado which was made by Darlington Works in the main.

OK a little joke, but the point is do we ever today know who builds anything, we get a household name item which we associate with British made, then look at fine print and see made in China.

I have looked at fans myself, 1711445285332.pngthere are some very good ones on the market, but do I want to spend over £300 on a fan, or heat recovery unit?

For a unit turned on when cooking or showering I can see using a cheap fan, but one which is continuous we are moving into a completely different product 1711445596925.png and for the all in one units to work, one is looking at how well sealed the room is, this type 1711445736799.pngtends to force air in both directions so it does not really matter how well sealed the room is, but the type where the heat exchanger is built into the pipe through the wall tend to only force air in one direction, and rely on room being reasonably sealed to cause air to go in the other direction. They all seem to cost between £300 and £400 and to be frank I would not want to spend that sort of money.

However with heat pumps I suppose these will become more popular as we can't afford to throw heat away.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back