Who put that pipe there !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1st off in my defence other than over drilling holes in plasterboard in all my life i have never drilled thru pips or electrics, guess my time has come then!

so sorted out the holes to drill for a bracket to brace a Ikea Method kitchen unit that is going to house our coffee machine and microwave,

I found a stud, and thought thats great at least the bracket will be quite strongly secured there,
unfortunately i was slightly off the stud when drilling, and after the drill must of slipped off the stud behind the plasterboard i carrried on drilling into the hot water pipe

thank good i had a Plummer close to hand and it was relatively easy for him to repair !

my question is, is that insulation board in the cavity there ?, and could i drill thru that into the brickwork behind to secure a block of wood if i put it into the cavity behind the plasterboard once repaired ?

just didn’t want to do it and damage the insulation board and/or cause the insulation board to be ineffective because i have drilled thru it ?

Attachments

• B942FCC1-5CA3-456D-A5B3-7A22C62D1CCF.jpeg
    B942FCC1-5CA3-456D-A5B3-7A22C62D1CCF.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 281E612F-3FE0-4398-8DFD-FA0E78EDE988.jpeg
    281E612F-3FE0-4398-8DFD-FA0E78EDE988.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 239
Sponsored Links
Is it brickwork behind? Could be insulated timber frame construction.
Its a persimmon timber frame build house, built in 2015, there be bricks on the outside for definate, not sure if there would be anything else behind that insulation board other than brickwork ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back