Who's daffy1 please? Forum security or 'glitch'?

B

Big Tone

After several attempts, I can't get the salient post at the top of the following link. But here's the link and 'daffy1' is the 4th one down.

//www.diynot.com/forums/general-discussion/subway.401803/page-15#4

My words, Big Tone, aimed @ and in reply to RH but not MY user name. :confused:

And "joined" on the 7th of May, three days ago, but appeared yesterday!! :eek: It's now the 12th of May, just, 12:42 a.m.

I'll take another screen shot...

Something is not right here admin/mods/anyone....

Sponsored Links
And when I look at his/her profile I appear to have 1 friend. Someone called DIYnot...? :confused:

I just thanked myself :confused: (That's a first).

:D

That's funny Rogue but I'm not laughing at how it could have happened. As I say, I did not enter a name or do anything. One forum one name; my morals are high!

So you going to reply to that one anyway Rogue?

Sponsored Links
Has someone found a way to hack into this forum?

A certain person managed to impersonate me on a different forum some time ago, and I was advised to improve my password.

Is your password secure, BT?

That’s a very good question JB.  My password is long and an alpha-numeric.  But if some bloke with aspurger’s can hack into NASA, who knows what is safe anymore.

Since my desktop ‘fell over’ I have been using my lodger’s laptop, who is an ex GF, and my own smart phone.  But she’s a good egg and I could trust her with my life!  That aside, she wouldn’t know how to hack sausage with a machete’.  (Sorry Maria).

So then, I went onto using her laptop and her user name, instead of as a guest, to access my Googlemail.  My mistake but it’s a follow-on from when I have had to install software for her over the years and I have never had a problem until this.

So no big deal, I thought, but when she goes on she can see what emails I have because Google has put some mysterious icons there; Gmail and Tony+ which shows all my photos. (Good job I've led a clean life). I didn’t have them anywhere else and I still don’t know how to get rid of them, but no matter because even if she was both malevolent and knew what to do, she still wouldn’t know my DIYnot password.  Also, I don’t know what’s happened to my desktop but I cannot get on as me; only as a guest or someone else.  So it’s all very fishy.

But lastly, and most significantly, whatever happened literally happened before my eyes.  As I say, my original post was okay and was from me, as me, but as I pressed to action the 'edit' the screen ‘blinked’.

I didn’t think anything of it until I noticed “last edited by daffy1” and when I looked up at who posted it I saw this new name but with my edited post. :eek:

Nothing’s ever happened to me like this before, it’s got me flummoxed.  It’s certainly nothing I deliberately tried to do and I did not type anything by way of another or new user name.  It has got me worried that there is a hacker or something.  Identity theft is very worrying, if that's what it is.

If it's happened once could it, or something else like it, happen again. Not good.. :confused:

Well, she's bit cracked in the head but we remained friends. :)

Of the problem.. If no one can find what it was or could have been I can just leave it and see how it goes. Been okay since, so I'm hoping it's a one-off. She does only have AVG free version 2014 and I see it's using XP which is no longer supported..

She does only have AVG free version 2014 and I see it's using XP which is no longer supported..

Hey, never mind all that old nonsense. Are you still giving it one??? :LOL:

(oh c'mon, it must have been on everyone's mind, someone had to ask)

Sadly no. :( Not for 5 years 18 weeks and 4 hours :D

When you've lived on your own for so long you become quite selfish I think; do exactly what you want, when you want and no questions asked. People say we're like man and wife but that's just cuz the way she nags me.

Anyway, when you're my age I always say women are like second hand cars. All the good ones are taken and the men are hanging on to them.

Tried dating on those Web sites about two or three years ago but I just got bunny boilers and freaks, or they incessantly blabbered on about they're kids or grand kids as though they're my own. (After I'd took them out for a meal and drink and we'd never see each other again).

Got into Ceroc dancing yonks ago which was nice and met some very attractive women. There was one who played the castenets and so I tried to take it up with her, but we didn't click :) Then there was this redhead. No hair, just a red head :) No, had lovely long hair all down her back. None on her head just down her back :) Her figure was lovely. I really wanted to see her in something long and flowing, so I threw her in a river :)

Can't imagine what they didn't like about me :mrgreen:

Oh and what's this about. Body = average. Since when did a size 18 become average :confused:

I'm impressed with the quick-fire one-liners there, BT.

You should be on the stage.

The next stage outa town!

I only sniggered at your use of the phrase a good egg. In some ultra PC circles the use of this phrase is banned as, probably incorrectly, it is thought that the phrase may derive from cockney slang.... egg and spoon.... (I'll leave you to work out what rascist word this rhymes with)

I only sniggered at your use of the phrase a good egg. In some ultra PC circles the use of this phrase is banned as, probably incorrectly, it is thought that the phrase may derive from cockney slang.... egg and spoon.... (I'll leave you to work out what rascist word this rhymes with)

Crikey, that's a new one on me, gotta be careful what you say nowadays... I had to tell the wife off for referring to my wailing son's blood blister in a non-pc way; 'twas a close call but I think we (she) got away with it!8)

yeah sniggering in Scunthorpe two highly offensive words disguised by a cunning linguist!

Sponsored Links
Back