Whrilpool Dishwasher Fault code F8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Friends,

My Whirlpool dishwasher ( ADP 4615WH) will start into a wash program but stops after a few minutes. The green light flashes eight times. Can anyone tell me what this might indicate and how I might possibly fix it?

Many thanks,
Michael.

Sponsored Links
F8 indicates water level failure. But sometimes this can happen due to excess foaming (check correct dosage & never use washing up liquid on anything). It can also be caused by a blocked filter, pans/dishes loaded the wrong way up & filling with water, or even blocked spray arms. Check the simple things first & re-post if necessary.

Dear Zipper,
normally use finish detergent. i never used liquid detergent. filter & spary arms are clean & good, but still i cleaned it with tap water. i tried to run dishwasher without any dishes. but still it is not running completely. i am facing this problem since last 1 month. some times i noticed i will run completely( 3 or 4 times it run for compete program).

Does it stop with water still in the base? Does it pump out completely when you reset it?

Sponsored Links
Zipper,
No water jam in base. it pumps out completly after reset.

derv1980,
Yes water inlet has filter. but it is clear not jamed. wather coming with good force.

Locate this in the sump http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=481227128407 Make sure the grill isn't blocked by fatty residue, bit of garbage etc & check that it switches when you poke something blunt through the grill & into the diaphragm (like a cable tie etc). Be careful not to damage it.
If that is ok then take the LH side panel off & locate this http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishw...278/0/0/144481/dishwasher-water-chamber-.html Remove the plug from the flowmeter, give the contacts a careful clean then re-seat the plug properly. If still no-go you may have to change the reed switch or replace the complete water chamber if you can't get hold of the switch. Be sure to quote the 12 digit NC number on the door sticker when ordering spares as there are several versions of this model. Alternatively post it here & I'll link you the correct part numbers.

i checked Pressure switch grill, no fat is accumulated. it is clean and also it switches during.
i do not know how to remove LH side panel. can you please provide me video clip if you have or steps to remove.
thanks in advance.

i checked Pressure switch grill, no fat is accumulated. it is clean and also it switches during poking.
i do not know how to remove LH side panel. can you please provide me video clip if you have or steps to remove.
thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back