Why do sales men hate aluminium windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've tried about three double glazing companies to get quotes for replacing some windows and all of them have been really negative about aluminium windows.

The companies we contacted do aluminium and uPVC so I can't understand why they are so anti-aluminium.

I know in the past they were not great, but bearing in mind times have changed and they're thermally broken now etc, etc.

Any ideas why?

Sponsored Links
Aluminium windows aren't so efficient.

The metal really transmits the temperature differences. As the aluminium will be bloody cold in the winter, that's transmitted to the other side of the metal indoors and you can have condensation on your window frame.

Excuse my ignorance, but aren't the newer style of aluminium windows thermally broken so the cold doesn't transfer?

Sponsored Links
Yes, decent ones are. Aluminium windows are used heavily in domestic situations usually new build apartments and condensation is not an issue.

Aluminium windows are stronger and better security, even in house fire they are still standing up unlike plastic. They are slimmer and not bulky like plastic but metal are dearer than plastic which lower their profit margin. It's less maintenance, resistance to weather and don't warp as with plastic. Even the doors don't have cheap nasty infill panels. Not many people know this, the reason for the multi-lock blah blah is to stop the door/windows twisting or warping because of the weakness of the structure. You can tell I hate plastic :LOL:

Give me a shout, Even if thermally broken ali will still be slightly colder to touch but they have come a long way. we supply smart system ali and although more expensive are becoming popular again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back