Arched Windows- Help!!

Ugh! I've seen that done and to my mind it looks horrible

I agree. Of course it is your house, and you have to decide whether the performance a DG window might give is worth the aesthetic loss. But curved archtop windows are something special and would have cost a huge amount originally, as @JobAndKnock says. It really would be a shame to lose them.

You are also going to lose the really nice curved oak frames, as they will have to be significantly mucked around with to accommodate flat windows. Can I suggest that before you commit you have 3D engineering drawings done of exactly what is proposed, because there could be a gap in what you assume is planned to be done and what the contractors actually do. Not saying they are not committed to a good job, but this looks as if it presents lots of opportunity for butchery.

Interesting thread.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back