Why Do some of my letters and spaces not register when posting on DIYnot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really annoying problem with using this site and one other. No all of the letters and spaces I press when typing a post on here are coming up on the screen. I have to constantly keep going back over what I'm typing to add the missing characters. It's not the keyboard as it's fine everywhere else.

This is what happens if I don't correct the typing -

teuick brown fox jumped ver the lazy dog the quick ron fox jumped over the ly dogthe quick brown foxjumped over the lazy dog the quick brown f jumped over the lazy dog he quick brown fox jumped ovr the lzy og

As you can see it's completely random. What's going on?

Sponsored Links
The only time I have ever noticed a problem like this is when a computer gets 'tired'. If you're Processor isn't bang up to date and you're computer is on for a long time, the RAM gets used up and sometimes this can be a symptom. Failing that, I'd say it's a driver problem or a windows update bug.

What is strange is that it only happens on two websites?

Thanks for your reply timbook. On this site it seems to come and go (it's normal now), on the other site, it's more or less permanent. You could be on to something about the tired aspect. My desktop is approx. 3 years old (Acer Aspire), and I haven't bogged it down with lots of programmes or memory hungry files like lots of photos. No videos stored. However, it has slowed down of late, pages take longer to load, then you sometimes have to wait a bit longer to be able to scroll on the page after loading. Then the scrolling can be slow to respond and jerky.

May be my PC needs some kind of tidy up or clear out to get back it's spark.

Some anti virus scans can cause backbround processes to slow down. The keyboard handler can "lose" keystrokes if it is slowed down to a very slow speed. Some webpages require a lot more scanning power than others and this can further slow the keyboard handler by using up more processor time and memory.

Sponsored Links
3 years old isn't that old. What processor is in it? If it's an i3, i5 or i7, then I doubt it's the problem? A dual core processor with 4GB of RAM, like my work laptop does sometimes slow down and miss letters if it's been on for a lot of hours, working. But if the computer feels laggy in general, I'd download and run malwarebytes just to be sure...

Back