Why is waste pipe so expensive?

G

Goldspoon

One 110mm waste coupler and one 90 degree bend = £24 from builder's merchant. They are simple bits of plastic with a little bit of runner ring! Why so expensive?

For £24 I can buy a shedload of other stuff!

I know online is cheaper it's just not always convenient...

Would help if the buggers smiled during the mugging ;)

Sponsored Links
You might have saved a little by going to a plumbers merchant rather than a builders merchant. Buying power, discounts an all that.

Sponsored Links
NEVER buy plumbing parts in a Builders Merchant they are a total rip off !

I called Travis because a Fernco coupler was out of stock in my plumbing suppliers where the part was sold for UNDER £5 !!!

The Travis man said it was £11 !

I asked what the price would be if I bought a few. He said if I bought 1000 then it would be 10% less so £10.

Now this was exactly the same part by the same manufacturer so an exact comparisom.

Now I would ask Travis why their price was 220% higher?

Tony

One 110mm waste coupler and one 90 degree bend = £24 from builder's merchant. They are simple bits of plastic with a little bit of runner ring! Why so expensive?
Would you rather pay less and have to replace them after a few seasons of standing outside in all weathers?

I was talking to the typical counter hand by phone and all he could do was say thats what their computer said and "there was nothing he could do".

Tony

Travis have a discount structure, if you don't have a high volume account they have your pants down for ad hoc stuff.

Wolseley do a similar thing, you get good account rates on most boilers etc then (in our case) one day we go in for an 8 litre Altechnic Robo Kit and get shafted when the bill comes through.

'Oh', they say, 'we haven't agreed a discount structure on your account for Altechnic products'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back