Why so nasty

L

longdogs

Don't understand why certain members find it neccesary to give nasty or puposely unhelpful answers. Surely the whole point to this website is to give help and advice to people that need it. Not give smart a**e answers. Also some members find it funny to give women sexist replies. I have been plumbing for several years now but admit that I don't know everything. Anyone who thinks they do know everything is probably kidding themselves.
This is not aimed at anyone in particular but generally it seems to be spoiling what is an excellent forum.

Sponsored Links
would just like to point out that this has nothing to do with my own replies in previous threads but just generally reading through the topics

Squeaky, If you think this forum is bad, you should look at the Screwfix forum, they are a set of clowns and I posted a similar comment to yours.

So far for me, this forum has been very helpful. Keep it up guys

Sponsored Links
squeaky said:
Don't understand why certain members find it neccesary to give nasty or puposely unhelpful answers.
Really? It seems obvious to me - insecurity.

Don't confuse cutting edge humour with nastiness now will you. your not like my German step mother was? No sense of humour.

Squeaky might be including you, Softus.

Perhaps the King of cut and paste has no clothes?

It looks rather cheap to take people's postings - cut them up into tiny pieces - and then make a mixture of jibes and sometimes out of context responses on a sentence by sentence basis.

The art of banter and conversation does not use these skills; conducted in a face to face conversation you would have difficulty having any friends at all.

I agree with Squeaky's view, although I am guilty because when baited, I have not always posted a polite response.

simond said:
Squeaky might be including you, Softus.
In your case, simond, he could have been, otherwise the cap doesn't fit. You'll also notice that I don't post on subjects about which I know nothing or dangerously little, because I know that I don't know everything.

Perhaps the King of cut and paste has no clothes?
I'm not cutting and pasting anything to do this, but I can see why you regard me as a King - all things are relative.

It looks rather cheap to take people's postings - cut them up into tiny pieces - and then make a mixture of jibes and sometimes out of context responses on a sentence by sentence basis.
Your stupid little opinion is noted.

The art of banter and conversation does not use these skills; conducted in a face to face conversation you would have difficulty having any friends at all.
Fine - go and read the posts where I don't reply using quotes, and simply ignore the ones where I do. This isn't a face to face conversation, so I don't see the relevance of that part of your comment.

I agree with Squeaky's view, although I am guilty because when baited, I have not always posted a polite response.
In that case you're a hypocrite. But that was already known to many people.

Cutting edge humour :?: :rolleyes: .......John Cleese once said viz. Python........."we broadcast quite a lot of Carp, actually".............among the dross there can be nuggets of wit..........that`s why I keep going ;)Face2face this is not , and is a new medium, so I am happy for Soft. to dessicate while I take the micturate

squeaky said:
Don't understand why certain members find it neccesary to give nasty or puposely unhelpful answers. Surely the whole point to this website is to give help and advice to people that need it. Not give smart a**e answers. Also some members find it funny to give women sexist replies. I have been plumbing for several years now but admit that I don't know everything. Anyone who thinks they do know everything is probably kidding themselves.
This is not aimed at anyone in particular but generally it seems to be spoiling what is an excellent forum.

I agree. There are some know-it-all unhelpful nasty people here. Some have asked for advice and they say "go to the local Gorgi man". Appalling unhelpful behaviour.

Water Systems said:
and they say "go to the locla Gorgi man".

Are you quite sure they say that ws?, or is the English language causing you problems again?

I have never had anything - and sometimes not even a reply - but helpful replies to my queries, unless I have been daft enough not to give sufficient info. or have not written sense.

So thanks again all you guys who take the trouble to help us amateurs out. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back