WICKES EASY SEAL SELF ADHESIVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried this product? it is for a flat roof for an extension. Is there something better?

Sponsored Links
I have used this stuff about five years ago for re-roofing my garage when it was converted. You liberally apply the primer first, then the intermediate sheet which is made from recycled polythene, and then the top sheet which is the same but with the stone chippings bonded to it. There is a lapping adhesive too, but I found a blow torch was still useful when forming or sealing lap joints.

It worked out about the same cost as DIYing it using the more common three-layer felt system, but I found it easier to handle, form and lay. I am not a professional roofer so I was looking for criteria such as ease of installation, rated performance (which as a new product has to be taken with a pinch of salt although it has been certified) and not making a mess. There are cheaper systems out there that probably perform as well.

Since that time there has been no noticable deteriation (not that there should be after only five years!), and it looks and appears to perform the same as it did the day it was installed.

I used it for a customer when I re-roofed his extension, the only complaint was when I saw him last Summer and he complain to me that it has just started leaking, I told him I fitted it 15 YEARS AGO.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back