Wild flowers

W

wkdhd

My front garden has a triangular patch of grass something like 3m along the right angled sides. It faces west but doesn't get much sun as it is shaded by the house in the morning and the garage late afternoon.
I fancy wild flowers from seed in it. The soil is not very good as it is grassed which should suit flowers, it isn't clay or chalky.
Trouble is most wild flowers are either a 'meadow', i.e. really long grass with a few flowers, or very patchy.
Has anyone any ideas? Whatever I end up with it has to be cheap and not grass!
The other side of the path there is another smaller triangle which is facing north and always shaded by next door. Can't think what to do with that either

Sponsored Links
The trouble with seed catalogues is that they just say their stuff is wonderful. I was wondering if anyone had any experience.
Veg are in the back garden!

Sponsored Links
I had potatoes in the front garden this year in a former lawn as well as veg in the back garden.
I also have a bed of herbs , goes well with the veg , and can look quite pleasant plus most are perennials so low maintainence .

Wrathkeg, those are nice, I like them. Thanks.
Spuds in the front garden is very traditional isn't it, but not what I am looking for. There is only me here and I'd never get through them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back