Will 19mm T&G P5 (chip) floorboard work with 18mm?

K

KillingTime

Hello,

Hope someone can help me with this.

I'm in the process of laying lots of cable (tel / sat / cat5) under my floorboards. They had been flooded before, so I thought nothing of pulling them up with a circular saw (they were nailed down and I found it almost impossible to get the nails out without taking huge chunks out of the chip board).

I'm now nearing the point where I'll be putting new board back down. The only problem is, my 8x2FT boards are 19mm thick, and the boards everyone else sells seem to be 18mm. I cant find anyone that sells the 19mm stuff.

Replacing all the existing T&G board is not an option for me because the thoughtful people that built my house (30yrs ago) put all the stud walls on the floors. Worse still, some of the stud walls don’t rest on the joists beneath, so if I cut up to the wall, the wall will drop. Short of taking the walls down too, it looks as though I'm going to have to 'integrate' the 18mm stuff with the 19mm.

Will this work?

What do other people do in this situation?

Thanks,

Ben.

Sponsored Links
no real problem if it fits fine if it dosn't cut on joist and pack or sand level as required adding noggins[bits off wood ]between the joists as reqired ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back