Will 22mm plastic pipe fit inside 28mm.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wanting a pipe/conduit to bury in the wall to allow me to run the 22mm flow and return to upstairs.
It will be going into a solid brick wall from what i gather i can take upto around 30mm out of the brick vertically. So idealy i want to keep the conduit as small OD as i can, hoping the 28mm will do the job. Im thinking of just buying 2 x 3m lengths its all i need.

Sponsored Links
22mm pipe will have an external diameter of 22mm, 28mm pipe will have 0.9m wall thickness. So if my math is correct, then it should.

Sponsored Links
Went to the local hardware shop and the 22 wouldn't even for in 28mm pipe. Found you can buy some hep2o conduit for the job only £20 for 25 meters is the flexible stuff so will need more support while the cement and plaster dry but at least I know it will have the right amount of clearance for 22mm pipe.

Went with the Hep2o 22mm conduit in the end, had to get 25m of the stuff but still cheaper than plan b which was 28mm copper pipe. At least this way it will be possible to remove and replace the 22mm if its ever needed. Im guessing the heatloss into the wall wont be too high but i couldnt chase enough out to insulate as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back