Will a bath tap shower attachment work with low hot water?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a conventional system with a water tank in the loft and a cylinder in the bathroom. Cold water has good pressure but the hot water in the bathroom is quite low.

I have talked to a plumber about fitting a pump to our cylinder to increase the hot water pressure, but before i do that i just want to check if maybe a shower attachment would work without the pump?

I have previously tried a plastic shower attachment but the water was sprinkly at head height, but i have heard that if i get a hose with a wider bore then it would increase the pressure a bit.

Would this work? or do i need to measure my hot water pressure first?

To be honest i cant remember how wide the plastic one was but im assuming it was a bit thin.

Sponsored Links
It won't increase the pressure only better flow.
to increase the pressure you would have to raise the tank in the loft.

i'll tell you know what the hot pressure is if your bathroom is just below your loft it won't be no better than 0.3 bar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back