Will a V+Box work in conjunction with anfreesat dish.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to purchase a Panasonic with the integral freesat, is it possible to have a dish installed in parrallel with a V+box, would there be suffiecient connections. I am not up with what plug goes where and does what. So basically if I bought a dish could it be done.

Thanks Bob

Sponsored Links
Sure you can, just connect the V+ box to the TVs HDMI port and the dish to the TV's dish port.

You won't be able to record programs from freesat on the V+ though and i'm not sure I see the point. I can't imagine there is much on freesat that you can't get on virgin cable (at least if you have the dish pointed at UK sattelites) and the V+ already has three tuners IIRC.

Make sure you don't mix up the cable wiring (from the road to the V+ box) and the dish wiring (from the LNB on the dish to the TV), they use the same connectors but they are not compatible with each other and i'm not sure how well they will tolerate misconnection.

I dont think that a cable box will work when connected to a dish.

The TV will need an aerial, I dont think they work off a dish either.

Sponsored Links
I do have an ariel but I also have cable television from VM. The reason I asked is Virgin only have BBC freesat and sometimes there is footy on ITV that may be beamed in HD. I am only thinking of the future here, surely in time there will be loads of HD broadcasts and if I have the equipment I am prepared for the future. However taking the opposite side of the coin do I need freesat, 1080p and 100hz to just watch telly and record a few soaps. Is all this techno stuff needed would a 37" 720p Panasonic be as good a picture viewing from around 12ft, it would save me an awful lot of money :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back