Changing Satellite Dish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably an old question but my search has failed to find it.
I have got fed up with my old Sky mini dish (I use Freesat from Sky on a Pace box) breaking up in bad weather so I have bought an Icecrypt 60cm with their Universal Quad LNB. I have mounted it so I don't have to take the old one down until I am up and running. I am using the same Satellite Finder as I did when I successfully set up the second hand mini dish but whatever I try I cannot get it to give any signal quality or lock.
By measuring the bars with a ruler the old system shows (still does):
Signal Strength 68%
Signal Quality 48%
Lock Indicator OK
Network ID 0002
Transport Stream 07d4

The new system shows:
Signal Strength 79%
Signal Quality blank
Lock Indicator Not Locked
Network ID 0002
Transport Stream 07d4

Any ideas what I have done wrong / should check?

Sponsored Links
Would guess its found a satellite but not the one you want. I had the same problem and dish orientation was out my a small amount; minor tweak solved it.

I wondered about that but then thought the ID and Transport being correct meant I had the right one. I can't have another go until Tuesday but one thing that crossed my might was a good old full electrical restart - power down, disconnect everything, power up and see if everything is blank, power down, connect new system, power up and see what ID it then says - the theory being it had remembered this bit. Also I ordered a quad lnb and they initially delivered a single then replaced it, I may try the single to eliminate a faulty lnb.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back