Will Knauf Drytherm do the job in this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about finished the build of a new man shed.

I've got to plaster board 2 of the walls for building regs, I was thinking I might as well insulate the 50mm cavity that'll be there.

I was looking at Knauf drytherm 50mm slabs, or Knauf earthwool 50mm slabs.

Its a timber framed jobbie.

Or any thoughts on what would be good at sensible prices?

Sponsored Links
That is an impressive man cave!!

I don't know if it's any help, but I've recently done my garage and the council said that working on the assumption the cavity was 2' I would need at least 50mm of insulation.

My advice would be to ask your council what they would be happy with.

That is an impressive man cave!!

I don't know if it's any help, but I've recently done my garage and the council said that working on the assumption the cavity was 2' I would need at least 50mm of insulation.

My advice would be to ask your council what they would be happy with.

Thanks! The insulation isn't for building regs, I've got to plasterboard one wall for 'fire protection as its 80cm away from next door, I just thought I might as well put some insulation in while i'm there.

Little point in insulating the walls if there are no doors. Is it staying open like a car port?

I want to build one like that.
Can I ask how much it has cost including foundations? What make is it too?
(I'm thinking about £5-7k for the building + foundation slab + erection + roofing?)

Sponsored Links
Little point in insulating the walls if there are no doors. Is it staying open like a car port?

(I'm thinking about £5-7k for the building + foundation slab + erection + roofing?)

Its having doors, they're just being made at the moment.

Its having doors, they're just being made at the moment.

Has it got any building paper between cladding and timbers?
I would have thought if you put in any insulation and there is not, then it will hold water and rot your wood.

Has it got any building paper between cladding and timbers?
I would have thought if you put in any insulation and there is not, then it will hold water and rot your wood.

There's 2 schools of thought about that, as even with a membrane you still don't quite get the air movement needed I've been though it, going to leave a 10mm void to allow full air movement around and 40mm insulation. It'll give the best long term protection to the building. 40mm of insulation will also make it a tad more cosy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back