Will spraying a mist coat onto new plaster work ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I'm having my entire house replastered and have a helluva job when it's done to prime / mist coat it ready for proper painting. My other half has mentioned using a sprayer to speed this up. Does this work ? - can we use a sprayer for a mist coat ? or do we have to stick with a roller etc ?.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
you can , a friend of mine bought a spay kit on the back of 1 job with about a dozen awkward shaped rooms . But he`s a pro and bought pro kit. It`s different to Car spaying kit as far as I can see. You might be able to hire it from a hire depot :idea: PS. he did the lot with it - mist coats and on to final coats walls/ceilings . masked the woodwork and did that all as normal ;)

That sounds good - thank for the info. Can you recommend anything to a sprayer newbie ? - anyone else got any comments to make here ?

Thanks again.

emulsion paint thinned with water is extremely quick and easy to apply with roller and brush.

is there some other reason you fancy a sprayer?

Sponsored Links
Agree with JohnD; a sprayer is unlikely to save you a lot if any time unless your doing the whole house in one hit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back