will these doors satisfy building control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need some sliding patio doors for my new extension size is 2400w x 2.100 h the price seems to vary a lott i've found a co on the net,, which as quoted £640 plus 80 delivery,,,,this is what they have

Synseal Legend 70mm Fully Sculpted Multi-Chambered uPVC Profiles
Virgin White uPVC (White) / Renolit Woodgrain Foiled Profiles (Colours)
Fully Reinforced Case Frames & Sliding Door Sashes
Anti-Deterioration Elastin Gaskets
Draught Seals
28mm 4-20-4 Low-e Toughened Glass
Argon Gas Filled Sealed Units
High Quality Handles
Multi-Point Locking Including Shoot Bolts
High Security Anti-Lift Stainless Steel Runners
Anti-Drill Euro Cylinder Locks
150mm Cill Included
Internal Drainage Channels
Fully Pre-Hung - Ready for Installation (NOT flat pack like some companies)

how do these look,, will these satisfy building ccontrol. is there anything else should be asking the manifacturer

Sponsored Links
Toughened glass is the only thing that will apply unless there your main entrance then a mobility threshold would be needed.

Apart from that they look fine :)

Sponsored Links
how much is the la aproval /cert costs??
can often negate the savings over having them installed by a self cert fensa installer

my reason for asking is ive had prices as high as £1900 andits difficult to see how,, the diferance is so large,,, if the products are simler

As Big-all said get some quotes from local double glazing company's for both supply only and fitted. Window company's love new build jobs as its fast and easy with no making good, They will know their products, The regs and will have good prices on products they buy.

Personally I supply and fit 2 pane patio doors for £750 into new build but I am a one man band so tend to have lower costs.

If it's new build your doors will be in the planning permission so there's no need to spend out the extra on using a certified company if you or your builder are confident in fitting them. Your only benefit will be letting the fitting company take responsibility for making sure they are up to regs, but if your buying online do check what guarantee you get with it.

Ventilation doesn't have to be in the windows if it's catered for somewhere else within the new build. If so then don't worry because trickle vents look awful in windows and I still can't see the logic in insisting on super insulated windows with big holes drilled in them :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back