Win10 - Is it working ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are we all on the 'Anniversary' release - Version 1607 ?
-0-

Sponsored Links
Well for me I do have some issues with it being 64 bit, my scanner is now useless, and my copy of Dreamweaver CS3 will not work however the old Macromedia Dreamweaver MX does!

However with Windows 7 the TV would not work as a monitor, but with Windows 10 it would, and main reason for using the desktop was to watch pre-recorded films and TV, although the new "Smart" TV will play some direct, it will not play them all. So I would say Windows 10 for me was a success.

I find remembering the new command set is like using the old Windows 3.11 yes it's there, but windows key and X to get the options seems backwards step, why not allow a WIMP system, we have gone backwards to a CLI system.

What I also find odd is I can use VNC Viewer 4 to open the Windows 7 laptop from the Windows 10 desktop, but not the Windows 10 desktop from the Laptop.

Also once you do some thing it seems harder to undo, some how I ended up with a password login, no way can I find out how to remove it.

I was disappointed with SonicStage it will still load up OK and sort music files, however it will not see the mini disc player/recorder which is main reason for running SonicStage.

However I tried Linux and I found that useless, it may have been able to do everything, however no one seemed to be able to tell you how to get it to do it. Problem with Windows 10 and you just put into to search engine what the problem is, example "CLI with Windows 10" and in seconds you can find out you need the Windows + X keys pressed together. But with Linux finding out how was a problem. It is the same with other programs Photoshop there are loads of instructions of how to do things, with GIMP hard to find out. Not a Mac user so don't know how that works, did use them at collage and again it's not the computer or software which was a problem, but finding out how to use it. If I went to library and said how do I do this with a PC loads of people could help, but with Mac it was sorry we don't know.

All ok at :-
Ver 1607 Build 14393.1198

-0-

Sponsored Links
Re #2 - scanning; that's was a problem I thought existed (Canon MP series 'All in One'). What I found was that Win10 will drive the scanner from the desktop rather than from the All in One - search for 'Scan' and use Windoze Fax & Scan.

Back