winding path made from scalpings (Mot type 1 or 2?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am thinking of building such a path leading to a squarish area where i can site a corner arbor.AS I want a rustic look I thought of using compressed scalpings as relatively cheap material which wont allow too many weeds through.I wondered what I could use as an edging assuming that is advisable, and how best to get it flat especially where the arbor will be sited.Failing that can anyone suggest better alternatives.I dont want shingle as I already have enough of that in my garden although maybe a thin layer of very fine , say 6mm, over the top might be ok.The only other alternative would be course wood bark which would need replenishing every so often and maybe small paved area beneath the arbor .Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You could use timber or old bricks for a rustic edging. Though I woudn't say you really need an edge, just keep the path about level with the soil (so lower than the grass)

You could use timber or old bricks for a rustic edging. Though I woudn't say you really need an edge, just keep the path about level with the soil (so lower than the grass)

was thinking of those log on a roll edging,6" high with bark or wood chipping between at about 4" thick.Seems like the cheapest option.on each side of the path will planted with shrubs and conifers so again bark mulch used there.
Thanks for the reply

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back