Window cleaning fluid or mix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My window cleaner turns up and cleans them in seconds crystal clear.
He doesn’t do the back as terraced and I might be out.
What the hell does he use?
Any ideas on best stuff or mix?
Squeegees them off, or is that the secret?
Won’t tell anyone. Honest.

Sponsored Links
I think the squeegee is key. I tried all kinds of things over the years, then finally bought all the gear you see the pros using (the ones who do it old school style) and it made all the difference. It's quick too once you get the hang of it.

I use water with a little white vinegar and washing up liquid. I have read people warn against washing up liquid as it can apparently in time perish the seals and cause the units to blow. There's lots of debate about this on the web, with some swearing it's the truth and others saying it's nonsense. Like so many of these things it's hard to know who to believe sometimes!

Sponsored Links
Well, if that's the case I'm truly buggered with my concoction! The saving grace is that window cleaning tends to live on my to do list for quite some time, so they don't get to see as much of the concoction as they should....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back