window design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had Everest round to quote for new windows and door I really liked the quality but the price £9872 for 2 doors and 7 windows.!!!
Does anyone else supply the same Windows and frames?
Or any other product of same qualitt?

Sponsored Links
Get some quotes from small local companies, the quality will be equal to that of the national companies, will be half the price and the installation will be done with care. It's all in the fitting!! If you still want to go with Everest then go back to them with the other quotes, they should price match. Typical salesman trying his luck again with a big price

Best to go with a local company who know and employ their own fitters not just subby's who can be anyone off the street.

Try to get recommendations from family, Friends or neighbors, Try googling some real customer reviews of the big company's.
Always best to have a local door you can knock on if there is ever a problem rather than having to phone a call center where they will try to fob you off.

Cheers I had knocked him down from £19870 ,, I know I was showing him the door and he dropped price, local companies are all around
£4200 but the frams don't seem as good.

Sponsored Links
Cheers I had knocked him down from £19870 ,, I know I was showing him the door and he dropped price, local companies are all around
£4200 but the frams don't seem as good.

Rehau, Veka, Kommerling, Sysnseal, Profile 22 and Eurocell are all decent profiles, not sure what Everest use, may well be one of these, but then whats the point in having a top profile if its then fitted badly. As Gaz says get recommendations and source some previous installation reviews.
19k for 2 doors and 7 windows :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
But hey they still seem to get away with it!!!

Cheers one of local companies fit kommerling and they were recommended think ill use them.
Everast sales men apparently get 22% commission after vat has been taken off , not bad work if u can get the sale and live with the guilt.

8 years fast forward -

Requirements -
Double glazed - Terraced house -

2 bay windows ground floor / first floor)
1 small room window - small v shaped bay
1 bedroom window - Medium sized window
toilet bathroom window- Medium sized window

Everest has quoted me 12500 (Salesman came to house - had a laptop - Provided the quote while he was at home - wore a Everest jacket)
Britelight has quoted me 10000 (Salesman came to house - Went to office and then emailed me a quote via email)
Local installer has quoted 4500 (rough sizes, saw images of the house on google maps and the images i showed him). He told he use Rahau brand profile.
Another local installer has quote 4400 (Surveyor visited house and gave me a price after couple of hours)

so confused... they polish words while they speak to us "very good quality", "we dont use cheap materials", "we are nationwide", "10 year warranty", etc.

These nationwide companies who have nice sales team and call centre just pass on the costs back to us. I am sure the sales people will have atleast 15 % commission as minimum.

Well just bear in mind they are actually Everest 2020 now , as Everest went bust in 2020!

' we are nationwide ' ---- yeah and ?? lol, hows that a sales pitch lol

10 year warranry - industry standard ( but is under review as technically it doesn't have to be - long story! )

very good quality - yep everest windows are to be fair ... shame about the subcontrcated fitters who are on ' piecework ' so rush the job

we don't use cheap material s - nor do most UPVC Companies .. see above about subcontracted fitters lol

In a nutshell , as has been mentioned before , use Local..first and foremost they won't spend hours in your house trying to sell you something and secondly they are easier to get hold of ( obviously theres employed fitters, recommendations etc as well ! )

Only profile I would avoid like the plague would be Duraflex...Its awful! There are various ones out there Veka, Rehau, Deceuninck, Kommerling, Profile 22( now Optima ) , Eurocell NOt Synseal anymore as they also went bust in 2020

Yep avoid companies that use Duraflex, all the others mentioned are all quality, Synseal I believe bought by Ultraframe and is up there with the rest, Liniar another good one

Hi I had Everest round to quote for new windows and door I really liked the quality but the price £9872 for 2 doors and 7 windows.!!!
Does anyone else supply the same Windows and frames?
Or any other product of same qualitt?

If you wait, they will ring again with a cheaper quote to tempt you. Local smaller companies tend to be cheaper and the same quality.

Update -
Went ahead with a local installer. Luckily there are many local installers around here. Advantages of staying in a populated place..
6000 with everything in.
4500 was for non-flush / White upvc double glazed / no border.

For 6000, I am getting -
Rehau UPVC Flush Casement Window – Colour : Grey Matt finish
Internally Beaded
Argon gas
Reinforced accordance to Rehau specification
Clear Glass with Warm Edge spacer with Hard Coat Glass
Toughened glass where required for building regulations
28mm Glazing
Satin Handle
Shootbolt Locking System
Chrome Border
FENSA provided
Supplied and fitted and waste removed.

10 years warranty on UPVC / fitting
5 years on Glazing / Condensation issues
2 years on Mechanism (Door handles, etc)
This company has been in the business locally for over 15 years.
Speaking to multiple suppliers, 6000 was a very good price.

All good but I would amend the glass to a soft coat if you can, the hard coat they've quoted will pressumably be Pilkington K and whilst nothing wrong with it hard coats suffer from a bluey misty tint that looks horrible, Planitherm(a soft coat) made by Saint Gobain is clear and would be my choice and will be no difference in cost

All good but I would amend the glass to a soft coat if you can, the hard coat they've quoted will pressumably be Pilkington K and whilst nothing wrong with it hard coats suffer from a bluey misty tint that looks horrible, Planitherm(a soft coat) made by Saint Gobain is clear and would be my choice and will be no difference in cost
Thanks, really helpls. With regards to coat, I will check with them.... If they offer options, then I will secure the glass coating offering from saint gobain. Else i will leave it to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back