Window for flat roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas on a window for a flat roof?

Currently I've got a raised section on top of my garage made up of railway sleepers with some kind of industrial looking dome on top of it.

Problem is, it leaks, doesnt particularly look too clever and could do with replacing.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Alastair,

That would be ok in terms of replacinging what I have already, however I'm open to other suggestions, anything that doesnt protrude obviously from the roof would be good.

Would light pipes work or will they not give enough light?

ok see what you're after v8, don't know if the sun pipe would give you enough light! though, i have never installed them i know they can be quite expensive.

depends on your budget for the job really, velux do f/roof lights but for a garage i think may be a bit extravagant
http://www.velux.co.uk/Products/Flat_roof_system/
and again they do extrude a bit.

you can construct your own using a 150x50mm frame which you would then weather with either lead or torch on felt.

Sponsored Links
Would light pipes work or will they not give enough light?
Have fitted one in my room and they are very good even in cloudy weather, can be too bright sometime if it's sunny :!: solid pipe tunnel will give you 30% more light than the flexible pipe

Cheers guys, will give it some thought.

My house is a bit strange in that the old external window from the kitchen looks out into the garage, the skylight was installed to give light to this window obviously. If it wasn't for this I would just remove the skylight and fit some more fluro's into the garage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back