Window Sill Cover plus other Trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im sprucing the kitchen and looking for some black finish shiny plastic I could buy to form a new window sill over existing sill. Also same material for some other uses to match worktops. Does anyone know what I could use and needs to be about 200mm wide by about 10-15mm thick. Ideally in length then I should be ok to cut lengths required myself (but not the width which is why I mentioned 200mm). Prefer a solid material self coloured black as dogs tolerant etc.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try looking for "internal bullnose window sill cover" or "internal bullnose window board cover" and you may be able to find the colour you are looking for. I've used the stuff in white and light oak but I don't know if plain gloss black is available, but there are suppliers who do black ash, such as MP Plastics. Comes in widths from about 150mm up to 450mm, but is often 6 to 10mm thick, not 15mm. Lengths generally 2.5 to 5.0 metres depending on supplier. Not hugely hard wearing, I'd say, but durable enough for domestic work. Often used in block refurbs (public housing, housing association, etc). For solid, self-coloured material I think you'd need to go to something like Corian and the cost would be a heck of a lot more plus you'd be forever resanding it to get the scracth marks out - probably best to teach the dogs not to jump up, or go to solid black granite!

You may be able to use black soffit or fascia, stuff for new installations is 16mm thick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back