window stuck closed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a side opener window that is stuck closed, the handle turns ok and it is "undone" at the bottom but the tops bolts are stuck closed.

unfortunatly it is a window that is on the third floor and is beaded from the outside :( so i cant get the glass out to access the locking mechinism,

Any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the mechanism has failed and the top half not being connected to the gearbox anymore, best thing i can suggest is getting the most flexible inplement you can find, like these from the kitchen draw......

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3187730/2/istockphoto_3187730-kitchen-utensils.jpg

4th from the left, sorry i dont know what they are called as im a man but im sure a woman would know :oops:

slide it in between the opener and frame and slide it up till you reach the cam or roller and try to dislodge from its keep, maybe if you have another identical window you can have a look how it all works and to know whether you need to push up or pull down on the lock to disengage it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back