Windows didn't pass Validation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a problem that isn't of my making and I'd appreciate some guidance if possible.
To start! My old PC finally packed in so I had to bring an old laptop (AJP 8375) out of retirement. It had dual boot Win XP & Vista so I reformatted it with a genuinely purchased copy of XP. After the format I phoned Microsoft because it wasn't connect to the Net and received from them a validation code which I entered. I then connected it to the Internet and after getting dozens of nag message to update, I allowed Microsoft to auto update, something that I don't usually do because it just piles a load of junk in the registry.
Today I turned the machine on and I got a warning that my version of Win XP isn't genuine. But it is, and I have the disk to prove it. Not some nondescript copy of MS XP it has the Hologram on it and it was bought with the PC.
I've tried to contact Microsoft but I can't find a page that is connected with this kind of complaint
Thanks for any help.

PM

Sponsored Links
Phew!
I'm pleased to report that it has been sorted out. It appears that Firefox (I removed I.E.) blocks the validation process so you have to download a plug-in and then the process continues to completion.

I'm glad that's sorted.

Sponsored Links
Back