Windows XP key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently been running my original pc parts in a new case, having swapped them over, the old case was binned.

I have just had a load of problems with the memory, and a bad virus, and I used my Windows XP Disk to attempt reformat and reinstallation, its a proper hologrammed disk

All was going wll until I was asked for my product id/cd key [whatever its called] and I was stuck - I have the packaging for it, the sticker will have been on my old case [I assume?] - which I no longer have, I have found a file on the cd in the i386 folder called 'unattend.txt' and this appears to have a key, but when I put it in when asked I get pop up box with 'this product key not valid'

I am now stuck with a pc I cant get back running, a genuine xp disk, and no working key.

I have tried googling my problem, and have tried a few things to no avail. What can I do??

[I am presently using a company laptop]

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The key won;t have been on your old pc case

It would be on the sleeve that contains the disk I'd have thought

If it is an OEM version of XP, then it should have been attached to the case by the vendor. If you have binned the old case, then you will need to re-purchase or locate the old case.

If it is a retail version, the key should be with (or be part of) the packaging

Sponsored Links
I have a Time comp. & the product key is on the case top at the back.

Back