Windows in Conservation Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I am going to throw this one out there for discussion in hope of some help.

I am looking at purchasing some land which has already got Planning permission granted for a 4 Bed Dwelling which is what im after.

I have seen the drawings and the spec which have been approved at planning stage previously (planning not submitted by me) and the only issue i have seen reading through it is that it has to have white painted timber double glazing which for me, are thing of the past in terms of Air Tightness and Energy Efficiency which again as stated has to meet certain standards with an air tightness test required prior to the building been signed off, any how. i have 2 main questions.

1) Would the planners talk to me about the feasibility of changing these if im not the owner yet as this is an important factor in my decision making?

and

2) What would the chances of planning permission been granted for UPVc white windows but made to the same style as the drawing?

Surely from maintenance point of view they would agree with me.

I don't fancy getting the land and then been refused as this will be a costly gamble if not granted.

Any advise on how to go about my next steps would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

Sponsored Links
If you think you cannot get good timber windows and that you will have problems with air testing I think you need to educate yourself a bit more. Would agree that they need higher maintenance of course.

I've never had timber windows so maybe I've just assumed wrongly there then. I just assumed upvc would be better as its generally the norm nowadays with new builds.

Sponsored Links
timber windows are way nicer and more sustainable than plastic windows.

admittedly you have to paint them every few years but that's just a nice job for the mrs on a summers day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back