Windscreen Advice and Help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

My Audi A3 2009 1.6 TDI Model has just suffered a windscreen crack which are circular in shape. Please see attached photos.

Inner circle crack is 2.5 cm in diameter approximately and the outer semi circle is 9 cm in diameter.

So my question is, is this windscreen repairable as cracks are more then 7 cm from edges of the screen? If it is repairable will a repair kit do the job if not does anyone have recommended repairs in around the Hillingdon area?

Many Thanks All.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2115.JPG
    IMG_2115.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 229
Sponsored Links
Sorry mate I’m 99% sure that screen is a goner.....time to call Autoglass or an independant fitter I’m afraid.
John :)

Doesn't your car insurance cover the repair? I think I had to pay £50 but better than full cost

Thanks John and Tigercubrider much appreciated. Yes have to conclude screen is a goner was reluctant to use insurance but may have to bite the bullet as the cost of a new screen is over £375!!!!

Sponsored Links
I've used insurance for this at least twice, it doesn't seem to affect the renewal cost, it's normally excluded from doing so on most policies I think.

Yes - mine cracked last summer and it was a one off excess but didn't affect NCB

Back