Wire terminals for CH and HW off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question out of curiosity really! Have recently done a lot of improvements to some rental properties and one job I did was to replace all the CH controls. Noticed when replacing the programmers that all had terminals L N CH off HW off CH on and HW on. In each case there was only need to use the L N CH on and HW on. As this was the case in every house I wondered if someone would explain when there would be call to use these and what sort of wiring would be present when they would be needed (all the ones I replaced were Y or S plan)

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The CH Off terminal is rarely used, but a correctly wired Y Plan requires a connection from HW Off to the valve grey wire. This is in addition to the wire from cylinder stat Sat terminal to valve grey.

Yes, the Y plan ones were wired incorrectly if there was no cable on the HW off terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back