Wired Alarm with CCTV e.t.c.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am in the process of doing a full renovation on a house that currently has a very old alarm in it which is wired. Since the floorboards are all going to be coming up to re-wire and re-plumb i would rather have a wired alarm for low maintainance reliability and so on.

I would like

1) Wired Alarm with small control panel the control box unit or w/e its called can be as big as need as this will be going under the stairs and out of site.
2)Min or 2 PIR sensors or the duel ones I've heard of if they are better
3)2 sets of door contacts
4) Oustide siren
5) Some form of notification, phonecall or txt etc
6) If possible one thats manageable via the web (don't know if this kinda stuff is out yet but if so id have that)
7) Connection to a CCTV system (if this is done thing)

8 ) Recommendation for a cctv system preferably over IP I have a PoE switch and server that I can use (I work in IT :))

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Spend a bit of time having a look round the web for possibles. I say this simply because there is a lot to choose from and also the no little matter of budget.
Budget is especially important regarding the cctv. PoE CCTV is not cheap - demands premium prices. Chances are if you see something cheap, you will regret it if you buy it.

As you'll have the floors up. Decide where you may want detectors and cameras for every possible location then put in a suitable cable. You may not put a camera/detector in, but you'll certainly regret it later if you change your mind.

As above it will be down to cost and certain panels wil not be available to you. As in Galaxy, well you might get one but you wont get a manual for it.
Texecom do IP based signaling. You can get that no problem.

POE as mentioned is still in its early days for good quality especially for night vision capabilities.
Get a IP enabled DVR. You can do all you need with that with better cameras.

Again good advice about cables, think expansion. Run CAT5e use baluns for the cameras, one cable to each then rather than power and coax or "shotgun cable" A small flush backbox can protect what you dont use for the time being.

You can have outputs from the DVR to the Aalrm or just have it on your network.

Sponsored Links
A texecom premier panel sounds like it would be more than good enough for your requirements.

They have some very nice flush mounted keypads available too.

DSCN0061.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back