Wireless Alam advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
im after a wireless alarm for my 3 bedroom house.
it has 2 reception rooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms and a garage.
I read the Ricochet wireless alarms are good choice, can anyone recommend what product/spec i would need for my house? has to be wireless

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just come across your post so if you've already chosen, then my apologies for the delay.

The problem here is that installers tend to insist that the system they use is always the best. It's not quite as bad as that, but sort of. Anyway, the ricochet is as good as any provided it is installed correctly. Texecom are using a system called imesh where if a signal is blocked from one device it is sent to another and then to the panel, at least that's the way I read it, so a great improvement I would say. There are several others which you can locate simply by googling the term 'wireless security' for example. This sounds a bit ridiculous coming from this forum, but it is better to have a little background knowledge of what is out there. I mention this because you could go for the highest spec (class six) when it may not necessarily be needed at your property. For trade equipment expect to pay around four to six hundred pounds. Alternatively, you may wish to look at some of the cheaper, and good value, diy systems such as Yale .. they should not be disregarded.

Let us know how you get on.

Take Care

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back