Wireless Digital Thermometer Hygrometers

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of getting one of these - Neoteck Wireless Digital Thermometer Hygrometer with 3 Remote Sensors

Idea is to have a sensor in the loft (that had moisture problems), maybe one in a subfloor that had damp issues (should be ok now!) and the other somewhere else ... maybe bathroom or kitchen, just to keep an eye on humidity (the kids might remember to put the fan on if they see it is humid!).

This was the first one I found with several sensors. I thought I would find more. So, the question is, any suggestions on other / better products?

Sponsored Links
I knew a guy into woodland preservation and we bought a cheap unit to chart humidity, however we found if it gets too damp it failed, did same with garden shed, I had to bring the sensor in doors to dry out. Up to 80% they work reasonably well, but if over 80% then you need old wet dry thermometers the electronic units fail.

I use a cheap Lidi unit weather station as it's called, base unit also does time, pressure, and actually works quite well, when I first got it I used it a lot, but once I knew the likely results, it is now hardly looked at, what I did however realise when using it, was how damp my father-in-laws house was with all his triple glazing and sealed doors when using a gas cooker.

And in this house having temperature recorded in one room, could not believe how much it varied through the room, recorded 18°C to 36°C at same time in same room with sun shining through windows. This caused a debate on using fans in the room, do you want it even or is it better to be able to select warm and cool spots? Old house had Myson fan assisted radiator which circulated the air, so no hot or cool spots in the room.

The units start at around £1:50 then a big jump to around £22 once wireless sensor is added, and £29 for one which connects to iPhone or PC. The Inkbird IBS-TH1 I think is interesting as it produces a graph on your phone, but they all will likely fail over 80% and work great under that, only you can work out how far to go.

Maybe the 36 degrees in the living room was infra red radiation from the sun, so a fan wouldn't help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back