WIRELESS PROGRAMMABLE ROOMSTAT WITH HW CONTROL??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I appreciate there are wireless programmable roomstats which seem to be mainly used with combis and I've also seen previous threads where this can be used together with a simple timer for HW control with normal boilers and 2 MVs. But can anyone tell me if there is now a wireless programmable roomstat which can ALSO control HW via an MV all within the one unit?? I believe I've seen wired ones but not RF types.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I've never seen one, they may exist, but personally I'm at a loss to see what advantages one would give. The idea of the rf room thermostat transmitter is so that it can be located away from the hard wiring, in a suitable room temperature sensing area. You still need to have a receiver where the wiring is, so whay not have the hot water timer there too.

If you are thinking of a remote rf sensor for the hot water cylinder temperature, it's normally mounted right next to the motorised valve, so you would have to run wiring from the remote receiver back to the motorised valve anyway.

Why do you want one, what are you trying to achieve?

Thanks for your reply stem.

To be quite honest, my reason was simply that I thought a single "box" would be a more elegant solution - even though I appreciate the HW timing is rarely altered, once set. I was also a little jealous of my son's programmable roomstat (15 years old) with its 6 daily temperature settings!! - but that's with a combi boiler. Presumably I could have had something similar if I had a separate timer for HW??

I've just had work done and the installer insisted on Honeywell equipment (which was fine by me) but I was surprised he wasn't aware of their RF digital roomstat (whch is what I had fitted). He originally specified the RF analogue model, saying a digital version wasn't available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back