Wireless Relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd one, but hopefully something you'll be able to help me with. I have a lovely switch a bit like this: click here.

I want to control some security lights with my switch, however the wiring is not in place. Instead of ripping into the wall, how viable is a wireless relay? Basically, something I can put "behind" a switch in the back box rather than having to run the cable, and then it controls a remote relay which will then turn my lovely security lights on.

Any ideas? Seen wise box, but wondering how I can modify the fob/switch to look pretty :D

Sponsored Links
Next question is:

I want to have a light switch that works over wired ethernet. I don't know what to google, because obviously having the word "switch" in the search term brings up networking gear.

Basically put: The light switch is operated. It sends a signal over cat5e to another location (via a switch/router) and then at the remote location it operates a relay.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Try searching for home automation in conjunction with ethernet or UTP or Cat5.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back