Wireless controlled relay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I’ve been to look at a job which has a decent control set up for the car park and external lighting.

There is a second car park to the rear of the building which has lighting currently controlled by a photocell only.

They would like the rear car park to also be switched by the main controller so it’s not lit all night for energy saving purposes.

It’s an absolute pig of a run to try and get a cable between the two points, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend some sort of wireless relay setup that could receive a mains input from the existing controller and switch a relay at the remote location.

It’s approximately 50 meters away in a straight line but through maybe 7 walls including two external walls so quite a harsh route for a radio signal.

I’m really not a fan of wireless anything but if someone knows of a good solution I’d be interested to look in to it.

Sponsored Links
The following may be that which you require.

Sponsored Links
The following may be that which you require.

I have not looked at that particular product but did fit one of these:
rated at 500/100m Initially ~200m line of site and it worked like a charm. Customer wanted a second light, the spark on the build fitted a second RX which was unreliable, however at 7-800m. I moved the switch to the side of the 200mm metal gatepost making it line of site (from the front where it was hidden from the new RX ) solved the problem.

Very easy to pair the units and so far have proved to cohabit with the plethora of other services on site.
Their Tech help is brilliant too although they reckoned it shouldn't work over the excess distance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back