Wireless smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have to put smoke alarms in my property, one downstairs and one upstairs.

I have been told to fit interconnectable wireless smoke alarms connected to the ceiling rose of the lighting circuit.

Can someone please tell me what is the rough price I should be paying for two of these alarms. They look like they are much more expensive than normal ones and I want to check that I'm putting in the correct alarms.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have been told to fit interconnectable wireless smoke alarms connected to the ceiling rose of the lighting circuit.
Thanks.

Check with the person who told you to fit them that wireless interconnect is acceptable.

If the property is multi-occupancy ( more than one family ) then wireless may not be permitted and only wired interconnect accepted.

The smoke, fumes and ionised particles from a fire can impair wireless communication.

Hi.

It was the BCO for my fathers house.

He has changed is Bungalow into a dormer and the BCO has told him to put one smoke alarm on the ground floor that can be connected into a ceiling rose and one upstairs that doesn't have to be connected to the mains.

They have to be interconnected, which I'm assuming is a wireless system.

Can someone tell me what I need.

Thanks.

Not seen the one the BCO is on about, these fit the bill. Stand alone though.
Cannot see why they cannot be used.

http://www.fire-detect.co.uk/contact-us-fire-detect-alarms.html

Ahh just seen one http://www.ciao.co.uk/Fire_Angel_Plug_in_Smoke_Alarm__Review_5872492

Looks crap, would not trust it as far as I could throw it ( Remember I also fit Pro fire kit). Go for the first effort, okay you still need batteries but and this is the point for me.

It fits on the ceiling, the other one sits below the pendant.
Smoke rises, if it were dense smoke in one side of the room it would have to fill the void between the pendant and the ceiling. The other would detect first, okay saving a few seconds...................thats what you might need one day.
Take it from me, having been in a house fire and jumping from the second floor to get out is no fun!

Sponsored Links
Hi Alarm.

I assumed that what he meant was to connect one of the alarms via the power supply that connects to the ceiling rose as if I'm spurring of it.

The second link you showed me would be great (much easier), but he is stating that one has to be connected to the mains.

Can you interconnect those alarms that connect straight into the pendant.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back