Wireless thermostat and receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've been searching t'internet and through these forums for an answer but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone will be able to help or point me to an existing post?
I need to move my wall mounted traditional thermostat and have been thinking about having a wireless thermostat specifically a Honeywell CM927 http://www.cheapboilers.com/thermostat/honeywell/cm-927-programmable-wireless.htm I've mentioned this to my father in law and he's asked me whether this will control the pump rather than just control the temperature.
Can anyone help? :confused:

Sponsored Links
what boiler/sys have ya got?
the only sys what i can think of, which a room stat would just control the pump is a gravity hot water - pumped htg

This replaces the current room thermostat and will control everything on the ch side, just as your current stat does, but also enable you to program the on/off times from this as well.

You would need to leave your current timer on constant or 24hr setting to do this.

Neither. It causes the motorised valve to operate which in turn will fire your boiler and possibly the pump, depending on what sort of boiler you have.

Sponsored Links
It will control whatever your existing thermostat is controlling.

It won't modulate the speed of the pump, it will turn the heating on and off as required.

Being programmable it will have different temperature setpoints at different times of day, rather than saying what times of day you want the heating to operate.

and that 1 is a wireless programable stat, is that what your after or just a wireless room stat?

I have to be honest and say that I didn't expect any response based on previous experience of public forums so thank you guys!

As you may all have guessed I'm not well versed in CH matters and yes, it's a programmable wireless unit and receiver that I'm after.
As for my boiler...? I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me - it heats our hot water too but we have a separate immersion heater.

So... I can still programme the heating and hot water to go on and off my current programmer lets me do? One site I checked gave me the impression that the heating would be constantly 'on' just responding to the thermostat.

As gas4you said, have your existing programmer on 24/7 for heating and the new programmable stat will take over. Hot water is not affected. Make sure you know how to wire the thing in properly.

Sorry EliteHeat - I'm confused! I'm also planning on doing away with my existing programmer as I'm havingmy kitchen refitted so was going to use the reciever that comes with the honeywell stat. Will this change things?

The honeywell is only a single channel programmer/stat. i.e it will only control the ch side of things.

You will still need a programmer for the dhw side. If you want to do away with what you have now, I would suggest a single channel programmer/timer for the HW side be installed in the airing cupboard.

It is soundling a slightly bigger job for a DIYer now :cry:

You can save some money by reusing your existing programmer and just moving it to the airing cupboard. If you are doing this then the heating channel can be disconnected.

Again as G4Y says, it would be better to get someone who knows how to do all this in as once you disconnect everything I can pretty much guarantee you will not be able to reconnect it all again - in a way that works anyway!

Thanks Gas4you, I'll pass this info on to my 'man who can' and see what he wants to do.

Thanks again - very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back