Wires coming out of Texecom SC-W wireless sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I’m a newbie here so please be gentle! I’ve inherited a Texecom system that I had to perform a factory default reset because there were errors that couldn’t be cleared without an engineer code. This was due to a fault on a window sensor. Whether or not that was the right thing to do, who knows! I should state that before the reset was performed, everything was working fine before this.

Anyway, onto the problem. I noticed that the front door contact SC-W sensor, which is a wireless device - Has two wires coming out of it (red/orange). Is there any reason for there to be wires coming out of a sensor that is wireless? There are no shutters on the premises. There is no visible magnet piece anywhere to detect the opening and closing motion of the door. I’m assuming it was set to shock detection, which is confusing because people do tend to knock on doors, so I have my doubts. I just need a bit of guidance before I either cut those wires, and reposition the censor with a new magnet. Or just leave it and buy a new censor and program that in, and just pretend the old one isn’t there!

Everything else is working - The window sensor previously mentioned and the PIR. It’s only the front door I need to resolve now.

System is a premiere Elite v2 something (I think) Circa 2015 model (this was the date on the panel after factory reset l) Photo of the panel attached

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links
sounds like the Impaq SC-W has something wired to it like a door contact.

follow the wires.

sounds like the Impaq SC-W has something wired to it like a door contact.

follow the wires.
Thanks for the reply!

Sorry I don’t understand. Do you mean the magnetic piece? I’m just trying to get my head round as to why it may have been set up this way.

Unfortunately the wiring is tucked away to the point I’m unable to see where it leads to, without destroying the door frame.

take a picture of the inside of the door frame and the door closed with the impaq sc-w

I suspect that a surface contact is used it will show on the door and door frame, if a flush contact is used it be sunk into the frame and magnet in the door.

The Impaq SC-W or Impaq Contact-W (its predecessor) could be used to make a non wireless device re[port back to the panel wirelessly

Sponsored Links
take a picture of the inside of the door frame and the door closed with the impaq sc-w

I suspect that a surface contact is used it will show on the door and door frame, if a flush contact is used it be sunk into the frame and magnet in the door.

The Impaq SC-W or Impaq Contact-W (its predecessor) could be used to make a non wireless device re[port back to the panel wirelessly
Interesting!

Now that I think about it. I do remember seeing multiple “window” zones. Maybe set to zones 2 and 3 (could be wrong) which is normally reserved for additional panels if I’m correct. I have a feeling these were additional shock detectors fitted to the windows that tapped into the wireless capability of the sensor. It still doesn’t explain why I can’t learn that same censor into the panel though? I tried new batteries so it’s not that. The same battery was used on a different sensor and learned in without any issues, tested and working.

I’ll take photos and report back over the weekend.

Not following
Now that I think about it. I do remember seeing multiple “window” zones. Maybe set to zones 2 and 3 (could be wrong) which is normally reserved for additional panels if I’m correct.

You need to follow the learn procedure for the device, if it doesn’t learn on then it’s either not being properly or the system thinks the device is learned on from previously.

Not sure why you defaulted the panel sensible think is to default codes only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back