Texecom with mixed wired and wireless sensors and remote keyfob possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll shortly be moving house and the new property has a Texecom wired system in place, which is working fine but lacks some modern features I've grown use to having, like GSM SMS updates (remote settings/unsetting) and wireless remote keyfob. (My current property has a Visonic PowerMaster-10 by comparison).

Question, can I replace the Texecom control panel with something like a PremierElite24-W and use the established wired sensors alongside a some new wireless sensor (eg, need new sensor to to cover garage)?

The PremierElite24-W appears to support GSM SMS and remote keyfob so looks a good fit?

http://www.texe.com/uk/uploads/PremierElite24-W_Leaflet_LIT-0196_web_2.pdf

Sponsored Links
Yes you can
What is the existing texecom panel ?
Dependent on model and software as long as it is a premier or elite panel then you may not need to change control panel and just add a wireless richochet expander ?

Due to age of your control I would upgrade to elite,keypad and any expander will be ok to re use.

Sponsored Links
To be honest, I would replace the lot and reuse the wiring if its working.

The old hard wired panel could have 8 hardwired zones in use the 24-W will only have 4 available on the panel.

Before you buy work out what you need hardwired and wireless and if you would be able to wire anything into the back of the keypad (the keypad can take two zones).

Then come back and say what you want to have on the system and match things up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back