Wiring 3 Phase/Single Phase Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a new hob to install in the kitchen (Cookology CIH602).

Ive got a dual cooker connection plate with the oven already connected and intend to connect this.

Looking at the manual, it can be installed as 3 phase (which i believe is how its setup from factory) or single phase.

Is it just a case of bridging L2 with L1 (and N1?) at the hob end? Do I also disconnect the existing cable attached to L2?

On another forum for a different hob, the answer given was to just connect L1 and L2 together at the connection plate end? Is that right? Do they both achieve the same thing?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114-091016.png
    Screenshot_20231114-091016.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
Sponsored Links
Connect as the left diagram shows.

Usually copper bridges are supplied.
Ok thanks. Hob is due to arrive today so haven't got it in hand at the moment, that picture I found on Amazon but for the same hob.

So it looks like there is a black wire connected to L2, does that stay connected aswell? Will this mean there is a redundant 4th cable at the other end or does that black wire not come out at the other end?

It's not 3 phase.

There are only two L connections on the right diagram for two low rated (16A) circuits.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks. Hob is due to arrive today so haven't got it in hand at the moment, that picture I found on Amazon but for the same hob.

So it looks like there is a black wire connected to L2, does that stay connected aswell? Will this mean there is a redundant 4th cable at the other end or does that black wire not come out at the other end?
If it comes with such a cable then at the wall outlet, connect brown and black to L.

Ok so its arrived and slightly different to the one shown on Amazon.

See pics attached. Doesnt appear to be any bridging connectors....unless they are hiding away somewhere.

Also to note on the 220-240v diagram on the label its not clear on my picture but it doe show the black and brown wires together.

1000010984.jpg
1000010986.jpg
1000010985.jpg
1000010987.jpg
1000010989.jpg

Ok, but I might have thanked you too soon. :)

The second and third diagrams on the top row are both described the same.
1700074909469-png.321238

There is no cable wiring arrangement shown for the second top and no connector diagram for the third bottom.

Along with the other pictures it looks a bit of a cock-up.

Attachments

• 1700074909469.png
    1700074909469.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 215

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back