Wiring a 2-Gang Aqara Smart Light Switch for 2 Separate Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I have an Aqara Smart Wall Switch H1 no neutral double rocker light switch that I want to use in my lounge. There are two ceiling lights in the room controlled by independent toggles on a double gang switch. There is one black wire and two red wires (plus earth) in the back box and the Aqara switch has connections labelled L, L1 and L2.

Please can someone advise me how I should connect them so that the two ceiling lights work independently as I've struggled to find a wiring diagram anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of the existing switch connections and the new switch connections

I assume the common on the old switch is linked to the next common so put that wire in L (you wont need the link), and the other 2 in L1 and L2

Unfortunately the original switch was removed and all three wires connected into a terminal block as the switch was previously bypassed and smart lights controlled by a wireless switch. But here's what the new switch looks like:

Attachments

• aqara-smart-wall-switch-h1-no-neutral-double-rocker-_i394724.jpg
    aqara-smart-wall-switch-h1-no-neutral-double-rocker-_i394724.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
I put the black wire in the L and the two red wires in L1 and L2, but both ceiling lights are going on and off with the right hand switch and the left switch is doing nothing.

Unless you've got testers just rotate the 3 wires until it works how it should.

In that case the conductor you have put in the terminal for the RHS switch (probably L2) is the one that goes into common. It should be one of the reds and likely comes out the same sheath as the black.

The left hand switch will not be doing nothing, when you have got both lights on with the right hand switch, you'll be able to turn one of those off with it :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back