Wiring a 3 gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice on wiring a 3 gang switch fellas!

Right putting some lighting in my shed. One in the shed, one at the back of the shed and one at the front all getting switched off a 3 gang switch. Is it possible to run the phase from my consumer unit straight to one of the gangs then spuring off to the other two gangs and from there running the switch live to the lights?

None of the lights need a permenant live feed.

Cheers fellas

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean 'straight from a 6A mcb in my consumer unit'

In that case, basically yes you could do it that way. Connecting all the neutrals together in a terminal block also behind the switch. This is becoming quite a regular way to do things.

By the way, you didnt mention the most important bit:

I guess that you are planning to run a new cable out to your shed for this?
How will this be done?

Cheers thought that was the case. There is an armoured 4mm already wired in with sockets wired up allready, so will be adding the 6A breaker to the consumer unit in the shed. then will get my local spark to test the circuit.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
As George Michael once said, "..if you're gonna do it, do it right, right?"

Where do these local sparks come from that are prepared/able to test and notify work done by somebody else.

This is a new circuit, isnt it?

Don't put them in a tin when you've finished with them - they can spontaneously combust...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back