wiring a low voltage Icon fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm stuck big time.I am wiring alow voltage icon fan but it seems to work only when wired without the timer and humistat module.My preferred option is for the fan to continue running when I switch the shower light off.I have 2 live wires(1 permanent live and 1 switched live for the timer) running to the transformer and neutral.I have tested the power reaching the fan ,all seems to be in good working order.I have protected the fan with an fcu using a 3 amp fuse.I have read about a 3 pole isolator switch,I think it should work irrespective or may be not.I have changed the module twice but still it would not work.Can't contact Icon until tomorrow,in the meantime can anyone help please.

Sponsored Links
since you have it and i dont what do the instructions say?

Thanks breezer,
The instruction states the following:
Permanent live to L,SL to timer and neutral to N.Also note that there is a pull corn in the fan itself,I wonder whether that is the cause of the problem.If there was a problem with the transformer or the fan itself then it would not run at all but in this case it seems to operate when the module is not wired.The module itself is sloted in the fan.

i fitted one of these a while back now i had a few issues as well.
But if i remember correctly if the humidistat is connected up then this blocks the overun timer i think also cranked the humidistat to its min value as with no steam you cant really test it

Sponsored Links
I contacted Icon today,they seemed puzzled about the whole thing,they could not provide any remedy at this stage except to suggest that they will dispatch a new timer and humistat module and they will then test the one I have.Now it is a waiting game which I am not very hopeful will resolve to enable the fan to work properly.

The timers on the ICON fans are NOT overrun timers, they are simply adjustable timers i.e. when you pull the cord to switch fan on, it runs only for the period set by the timer then automatically switches itself off, without you doing anything else.
Did you know this, have you adjusted the timer down to zero time ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back